Monday, September 16, 2013

Easiest Meatloaf Ever

My little ones love meatloaf and meatballs. But I absolutely hate crunching up bread crumbs. In fact, it is probably my second-least favorite thing to do in the kitchen (second to crumbling bacon... eww its so slimy!) One day, in desperation, I used stuffing mix for my crumbs. The rest, as they say, is history....

Easiest Meatloaf (or meatballs) Ever


1 package stuffing mix... chicken and turkey both work fine.
about 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
Chopped onion (I use dried onions, chopping onions is my third-least favorite kitchen thingy.) 

Mix it all well. If you have a stand mixer, throw it all in. Even easier! Add 2 lbs ground beef. Mix well. Tada! Meatloaf. No crumbling required. 

If you mix it for awhile in the mixer, the pieces of bread all disappear and the whole thing gets stickier.... best for meatballs. Mix it briefly and you have larger chunks of everything, and it is more solid. Perfect for meatloaf. Throw it in the freezer and you have it all ready for that busy day running kids to classes, working, or just organizing that back closet that you are sure will someday eat one of your precious little ones. 


Maybe next time I make this I will take a picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...