Friday, September 3, 2010

My Newest Treasure- Perfect for Play Dough!

I was eying this neat treasure last year, but never got around to buying them. We have almost NO cookie cutters, to the point of me fashioning a pumpkin and a leaf from tin cans. (No, they didn't really look like a pumpkin or a leaf when I was done.... more like an apple and a Christmas tree.)

So when I saw the box of 101 cookie cutters on clearance yesterday, for 50% off, I jumped on it! Than, of course we had to make some new play dough. It was time for some in FALL colors, anyway!


play dough 2 by warmfuzzies, on Pix-O-Sphere




READY, SET, PLAY!!

play dough by warmfuzzies, on Pix-O-Sphere



They are so much fun for play dough! But I am also thinking of all the cookies we can make. I am not very good at sugar cookies, I always make them a LITTLE crispier then they were meant to be. But, maybe now I will get enough practice to make really yummy ones.


Oh, and yes, I will wash them before going from play dough to cookies. :)

Our Play Dough recipe: (definitely not original, but the best I have found)

1 cup flour
2 Tbsp cream of tartar
½ cup salt

Mix together in bowl or saucepan.

1 cup water
food coloring

Mix food coloring into water

1 to 2 Tbsp cooking oil
Scent (Optional)

Add scent if you want, such as essential oils, candy flavoring, or peppermint oil. If it is oil based, mix it into the oil. Add water and oil to dry mixture. Mix until smooth. (Small lumps are OK) Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Mixture will get VERY lumpy at first, then smooth and when it has cleaned the sides of the pan and has formed a solid ball on the spoon, it is done! Let cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...