Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Day in our Life- CM Open House

I'm so excited to join in the great project over at Beautiful Chaos, Charlotte Mason Open House. We are trying to be really honest and open with how this education really looks in our homes. So many times it seems like we are all perfect and have it all together when we are really all the same in our struggles.

I originally filmed almost our complete day, which ended up being an hour long even when I sped up many parts. So I re-filmed and just tried to capture the general chaotic progression of our day. On this particular day, everyone slept in, we got started late, and things just didn't go as well as many times, so you get to see us even "real-er" then normal. I was pretty frustrated by the end of the day, but it all works out.

I didn't film any of the "riches" or "extras"- the artist and composer study, the music we listen to, the poetry. We also didn't do any language learning.  Because this was the week after Christmas we really weren't getting those things done. Another moment of being real. We typically do those things around lunchtime, either while we eat or right after we finish. Sometimes we grab a rare minute between the other things when everyone is free at the same time. Sometimes it happens in the afternoon when we have quiet time and the kids all sit and read for 30 minutes. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Enjoy and keep coming back to Beautiful Chaos (I LOVE that name!) for the rest of the month. We have great things planned!



P.S. I really don't mind the chair. Much.





2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks so much for taking the time with your video! I am just considering AO at this point in time, but I was wondering about those checklist sheets your kids have. Did you make them yourself or they from the yahoo groups? Thank you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks so much for taking the time with your video! I am just considering AO at this point in time, but I was wondering about those checklist sheets your kids have. Did you make them yourself or they from the yahoo groups? Thank you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...