Thursday, April 28, 2011

Read aloud update

Okay, I have to be honest.  I didn’t have a single read-aloud this week.  Nothing!  We read some picture books, of course.  And Bop read from her latest reader.  But as far as actual READ-ALOUDS?  Nothing, nope, nada. 

I am so ashamed.

Owl

 

So, next week, I have some goals.  I want to read 5 picture books in the afternoons, and then we will read part of our chapter book if the kids are wanting more.  (and they will be.)  I think I will read Miss Hickory to them.  Ten I want to read about 5 more chapter books to them before bed.  Can I do it?

Don’t forget to head on over to Footprints in the Butter to read more read-aloud challenges for this week, and add your own!

What are your reading goals for next week? 

2 comments:

  1. Michelle!

    Everyone has weeks like that! No fair being ashamed. I won't stand for it! :)

    It was about three weeks just like yours in a row that got me to publicly state that I was challenging myself to make read-alouds a priority again...

    You'll do fine this week, I know it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, We all have those kinds of weeks. Besides, I think picture books count especially for those little ones. You have nothing to be ashamed off. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...